Legislative Measures and Legal Assistance Division’s service areas
1. Provide an in-depth and comprehensive evaluation of the current draft of a bill to ensure its constitutionality and consistency with national and regional laws, upon request from a Member of the Parliament (referred as “Legal Opinion”).
2. Respond to an existing query on legal matters and review of legal documents affecting the Bangsamoro Parliament upon request from a Member of the Parliament and/or Parliamentary Professionals.
3. Conduct legal research and analyses initiated by PRLS on existing laws, their legislative history, policy background, and provisions (referred as “Legal Commentaries”).
4. Summarize Bangsamoro Autonomy Acts by underscoring their salient provisions (referred as “Legal Primers”).
5. Lead in conducting the LMLAD legislative workshop which includes mentorship, legal research writing, and bill drafting.
7. Organize legislative talks such as meetings, colloquies, roundtable discussions, seminars, forums, conferences, summits, or conventions.