The PRLS is duty-bound to uphold its vision, mission, goals, and values in providing research-grounded legislation and legal assistance. The approved and adopted vision, mission, goals, and values by the PRLS as a team on December 15-17, 2021 are:
PRLS is constituted of committed parliamentary professionals envisioned to ignite and advance the culture of legislative research and legal services in the Bangsamoro Parliament.
- To create a significant space to homegrown ways of knowing and world-making grounded on lived experiences of the Bangsamoro;
- To produce quality research and legal services in the Bangsamoro Parliament; and
- To promote a multiperspectivist thinking in aid of formulating policies and legislation.
- Serve as one of the primary institutions for policy research and legal services in the Bangsamoro region.
- Equip the Service with advanced knowledge pertinent to the PRLS mandate.
- Strengthen partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
- Nurture a diverse, inclusive, multicultural, religio-pluralistic, and safe workplace.
Envisaging a tolerant society for both Muslims and non-Muslims, the PRLS is guided by the esprit de corps of the “moral governance” conduit to the five immutable principles on:
- Moral Authority,
- Common Good, and
- Social Ethics concerning community, justice, peace, and equality.