LOOK: The BTA – Policy Research and Legal Services (PRLS) served as resource speakers and research mentors during the “2nd Bangsamoro Women’s Commission Policy Research and Formulation Workshop (BWC)” held in Davao City, August 22 – 26, 2022, organized by the BWC with the support of UNDP.
The workshop’s discussions include:
- Policy Research Template by Director Nassef Manabilang Adiong
- Policy Making and Legislative Procedures by LRD Chief Vincent L. Casil * Ethical Concerns in Policy Formulation by Technical Staff Mr. Kebart P. Licayan
- Simplifying Policy Formulation Writing by Technical Staff, Mr. Moh’d Al-Khaleel A. Bogabong
- Qualitative Research Methodology by Technical Staff, Ms. Aisah P. Solaiman
- Quantitative Research Methodology by Technical Staff, Mr. Erschad D. Pabillan
- Mixed Methods Research by Technical Staff, Ms. Anisah U. Lingga
Aside from the joint discussion on crafting policy research, the workshop also provided an avenue to review and revise existing working drafts of policy research on identified gender-related issues, namely:
- the Adoption of the GAD Transformation and Institutionalization through Mainstreaming of Programs, Agenda, Linkages, and Advocacies (GADTIMPALA) Award;
- the creation of women Para-legals at the community level for the prevention of Gender-based Violence;
- the development of Gender Responsive Protocols in Handling CEFM, GBV, and VAW Cases;
- the Development of Gender Disaggregated Data on Education, Employment, and Governance;
- the Development of Magna Carta on Bangsamoro Women
- on Gender Humanitarian Response in Emergencies, SGBV, and VAW Cases, conflict and Natural Calamities; and
- on Monitoring Gender Responsive and Gender Sensitive Facilities in Government Structures, business establishments, and evacuation centers. The workshop concluded through the presentations of the improved versions of policy papers of BWC delegates.
These policy papers will be released on the PRLS website on the last quarter of 2022.